Sunday, July 23, 2017

Taiwan Trip Day 1 Part 1: Taoyuan Airport, getting to Taipei and Cosmos Hotel

Soooo here is the start of a new series!

I have not been to Taiwan.... in a long time? The previous time I went I was quite young and I barely remember a thing. Sooooooo tbh my mum planned the bulk of this trip (while I planned Korea) so I will try my best to recount my Taiwan trip with clear instructions on how to get to places so that you can go too!

At the airport, we immediately saw this counter and proceeded to get our easy money cards from there.

Cards were bought at 100 and then we topped up like... 500 at one go for each card hehe.

Honestly the cards... not nice sia. I saw ppl have the gudetama one :<


We then looked for all the signs to go to the platform for the mrt... which was very easy la it was just in the basement of Taoyuan Airport, fantastic!





Unfortunately... we could not figure out how to get to the express train and ended up taking the commuter train instead, which was a longer journey and the seats were less comfortable :(

We actually waited like... almost 10 minutes at the platform and decided just to take the first train that came... coz the display at the station was useless... it only told us a train was coming at 1.50pm. Like thanks I also know. Tell me the subsequent trains la?!

Ok nvm.

We then headed to our hotel which is COSMOS HOTEL. This hotel is best. Thanks mother. You da best.

While the Taipei Main Station was confusing (airport rail AND high speed rail AND normal rail AND MRT... sure confused one!), this hotel was really located just at the M3 exit of the mrt. So for the convenience... really worth it (we are not comissioned by them.... but tbh we couldn't find better airbnbs either :/)

but to get there from the airport rail line... took a long walk. My tip? Just walk towards the direction of the mrt. The red and blue lines. When you get there, only then will the exits be marked clearly as M1 2 3 4 5 6 etc.