Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Food Review: Eng's Wanton Noodles



Hi all! Just a quick update from me.

This is my FAVOURITE WANTON NOODLES IN SINGAPORE and is in my opinion the NUMBER 1.

Eng's Wanton Noodles is found along Tanjong Katong Road and is a little far from the city.

To get here, you need to take the MRT to Paya Lebar Station, and then head to the bus stop near Paya Lebar Square. Board bus 43, 76 or 135 and then alight 4 stops later near the Esso Service Station. 
Walk along the road in the same direction as the vehicles and head into the row of shophouses. Eng's Wanton Noodles is quite prominent!

For those driving here, there is actually a carpark just behind the shophouses. Entrance is near the Esso Station. Carpark space is ample and functions using the usual paper coupons. 

~

I personally really like the dry version of the wan ton noodles. Texture of noodles is chewy but not soggy. Char Siew meat tastes yummy. Wanton is delicious. Green Chilli and Pork Lard are the extras you must add to your dish! I do not enjoy having the chilli as I am not a fan of spicy food, but my parents have told me it tastes really good and is very very spicy!!

However, there are different opinions as to how good these noodles are because there are various types of sauces that can be used to accompany the dry noodles. My mum does not like it, but both my dad and I do! 

Some other variations include more oil, darker sauces, etc :D

Definitely a must-try if you are in the area!