Thursday, July 2, 2015

Food Courts at the City Series: #2 Foodplace at Raffles City Shopping Centre (City Hall Mrt)

I was having a headache just today wondering where on earth to have a cheap and satisfying meal in City Hall Mrt area.
I did not want to have fast food so I decided to go up to the Food Place on the top floor of Raffles City Shopping Centre (Although its name does indicate that it should be at Raffles Place mrt instead, IT IS NOT. It is at City Hall mrt!!)

I was…. Pleasantly surprised indeed.
I remember coming to this food court about May last year and I was not too happy about the poor ventilation and cramped environment.






Now so much has changed. The entire food court has obviously gone through a fantastic change. Whoever the interior designer is, well done! The place looks so posh now! And now there is somehow much more seats within the same area. I went for food slightly after the main lunch crowd (about 1.15pm) and there were quite a few empty tables around.

As you enter you can even have a quick look at the different stores and where they are located.


There are even tv displays to show you what food you can try.


Food in the city can never be too cheap, but I was indeed satisfied with my $5.50 Katsudon. It was tasty and the portion was just right. The waiting time was a little long though but I don’t actually mind. There is a wide variety of local food. I spied the food that other people where eating and it appears that the soup and economic rice options were quite popular!


If you’re not too keen to travel too far from the city to try food, I think this is a pretty nice food court for a quick meal :D

I hope to blog about a few more food centres at the city real soon. They include Marina Square, Isetan, Wisma, Hong Lim Park and Bugis :D Thanks for reading and till then!