Friday, August 4, 2017

Taiwan Day 2 Part 2: A11 Shing Kong Mitsukoshi, Wu Fen Pu, Raohe Night Market

We took the long bus ride back to Taipei and this time stopped near the Taipei 101 area.

We were looking for Shing Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi Place A11
Address:No. 11, Songshou Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110

Wah. This area really quite big ah. And so many different SKM! Got A9... A11 was in particular of interest to us coz of the LINE pop up store and how apparently the items here are more for youth?


So we headed to the basement first of A11 to have food. (we tried looking for food at the other SKM... this one was much better as there were many options.)

Do take note... there is always a waiting time of like 10 to 20 mins for each food item.... coz it is just that slow or that crowded at each store, even if there is no crowd at the counter.

I ate expensive lobster roll. Coz I miss boston and I miss my bff :( It was pretty good though. Must eat within the first 5 mins... coz the bread cold liao becomes hard -_-




Bought this super cute ice creammmmm!


Dad bought fish from this store, strongly do not recommend. It tasted lousy

The interior of one of the higher floors selling clothes.

TBH we bought nothing much here, but idk why we were in so much of a hurry that day. Maybe we just really had a lot to cover and we didn't intend to spend too much time here to begin with. I did buy a pair of birkenstocks tho, coz here is 30 sgd cheaper than back home.

If I were to liken this place to a SG shopping mall... it would be Tangs Singapore in terms of the shopping.

highlight: the Line Store!!




There was a muji cafe we stopped at in A11 coz we were that tired.
Can i just say... DON'T BOTHER.
Coffee lousy, tea lousy, even creme brulee lousy. How liddat
AND THE SERVICE LAST WARNING. My mum waited 15 min in line when there was only ONE HUMAN IN FRONT OF HER. Slow ttm wasting time


The one of two pics I got of Taipei 101 hahaha


We then took a bus (using surprisingly reliable google maps) to Wu Fen Pu coz it was much faster than going via train.


I quite like this place! The clothes here, while affordable like 100 to 390, are quite pretty and can bargain also.

This shop in particular sold non-generic clothes that really caught my eye. Check it out when you are there.

\

Wah funky ah

IMO this place is very similar to the ground level of bugis street... just a lot of clothes shops. I bought like 3 pieces of clothes here? :D But quite tiring to walk so many lanes la. It is quite clean though and store displays are much neater than before (according to my mum)

Only thing is... here no toilet yeah. :( Unless you go to the park near the back, which leads you to a staircase to the underground car park and there is a small toilet there.

And now, the highlight of my trip. RAOHE NIGHT MARKET
THE WORST
NIGHT
MARKET
EVER
I HATE IT
I HATE MYSELF FOR GOING THERE
I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

In fact, I'm so pissed I'm not even going to explain how to go there.

Let me explain.

There are street food there. NEVER. EVER. ORDER. WITHOUT ASKING THE PRICE.

Coz I was so anxious to bring some form of food to my hungry parents, I ran off ahead to buy this. the well known sotong of night markets


and stupid me just ordered one. without checking the price.

Do you know how much the store charged me for this nonsense? 350 DOLLARS. THAT'S ALMOST 16 FREAKING SINGAPORE DOLLARS. FOR THIS. I could have gotten so much more with that money.

I saw this being sold for like 180 and cheaper at other night markets later in the trip and I was just so so shocked when she told me the price and I cannot believe I was so stupid.

This is the store by the way.


You can even see the nasty women's face. Yes, it is my own fault for being an idiot. But to me, this is DISHONEST LIVING. I hated myself so much after that for squandering precious money.

So learn from my mistake. Please don't even go there okay? Thanks. Or if you do, go up to this store, DEMAND FOR THE PRICE, then go away clucking to yourself or exclaiming in a loud voice how this is daylight robbery.

Sigh. If only I wasn't in such a hurry that day.

I'm so upset writing this, I am not going to even blog anymore about Raohe Night Market except to say

1) this was THE WORST night market I went to, compared to ximending, shilin and everywhere else. Even without the incident, this was the most crowded, most disorganised, most uncomfortable and unenjoyable night market to visit. My family literally did nothing except to buy random food and walk that horrible round journey of about 600 meters through the bustling crowd.

2) don't come on a weekend if you can la. really. too many humans.

I hate this place. I should have known when I read all the other blogs and everyone gave very meh comments about it too.

STAY AWAY.