Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ho Chi Minh, Day 3

Alrighty, let's continue on with Day 3 :D

But before we begin, can I just say how AWESOME vietnam yogurt is?! Like.... why the yogurt I eat in Singapore like all really liquidy. This one was available at my hotel and had a texture of pudding rather than yogurt. It was super nice please. I ate one everyday!!


For today, we actually wanted to visit a Hello Kitty Cafe, but realised it was too far :( So we had to leave that out of our agenda.

We headed to Nowzone Fashion Mall in the late morning. I saw mixed reviews about it in the internet, and wanted to see if there was anything worth.
It is located at No. 235 Nguyen Van Cu Street, District 1.


Here is the inside of the mall. 4 stories of shopping. To be honest there is quite a lot of fashion shops here but mostly for ladies. My dad was pretty bored here and there was nothing much to see for him.
Prices of clothes here ranged from reasonable (SGD 12/ 200,000 VND) to very expensive (SGD 200). So my mum and I shopped a bit and just got some clothes for ourselves.



I bought a shirt from this shop called bambo. Quality of the shirt is not bad and the designs are cute!




I must say though, this trip would not have been worth it if we had not visited the FOOD COURT.
Located at the top floor, it operates by a card system. But don't worry, you pay nothing for using the card. And you will get back whatever leftover in the card. That's great!




This was my 5 ingredient broken rice meal with pork chop. Super nice yum yum.


Then this is the hotpot my daddy bought. MSG galore~!


Their milk tea tasted really good too. Nicer than Koi/Gongcha in Singapore to be honest :/


After that we went on a crazy adventure.... to find a street called Bui Vien, where there are supposedly a lot of art and painting shops. Wa. The walk there. 2.4km sia. My family a bit siao haha but we did it with the help of google maps. See! Important to have a data plan!!

We spotted this while walking there. Interesting... Hats that I've seen in Malaysia and Singapore are all available here too. Not that I wear caps anymore. So no reason to buy.


Yes we finally reached the area and there weren't... THAT many shops la haha. I really don't know about the copyright issues with such paintings... coz I see the same kinds of picture everywhere I go. Hmm..





After this we headed to Diamond Plaza for shopping again. And... that place was so boring omigosh why did I even bother going there lucky it was not so far from the Notre Dame Cathedral which we ended up visiting instead. There was really... nothing affordable to buy there. :/


So es we did some sightseeing instead. You can see the green building at the back of the cathedral, that's Diamond Plaza. 





There were quite a few people selling street food. I notice one of them quoting 20,000 VND for a tourist while only charging 10,000 VND for a local. Hmm~

Anyway since we finished walking the entire Diamond Plaza (4 stories of boring shopping) within an hour, we wanted to go back to Temple Leaf Spa and Sauna but they were having a full house :(

We roamed around and found a lot of other smaller massage places, so we settled for this one instead. 


I.... will not come back again. Any massage places with common room concepts, NEVER AGAIN WALAO. I thought it was just a simple foot massage. End up I was even asked to change my attire in a common changing room where both men and women were changing -_- Even the men inside got a shock when the lady brought us in and asked us to change (albeit within the curtain sections whatever it is). Yikes.

Worse still, the closed room that my mum and I ended up with had a man already doing his massage. And we all knew later there would be a shoulder massage portion where ..... ARGH NVM

Long story short. I managed to skip my shoulder massage potion lol. But I am really not interested to go for these kinda common room concepts ever again -_-
Please be mentally prepared, and ask clearly whether you would be sharing a room with the opposite gender first if it matters to you...

For dinner, we went back to Thai Van Lung, where Temple Leaf is located because that road is said to be a french road with french establishments and restaurants.

We ended up having our meal at Le Jardin.


I think my favourite dish was the oysters :] (go figure)




Truth to be told, I have eaten better. But for the price and for Vietnam, it's pretty decent too.

At night the whole road near our hotel was closed and people could walk freely. Kinda like our Orchard Road closing every first weekend of the month



And that's all for day 3!
The most fun day of all, day 4, is coming :]