Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ho Chi Minh 2015, Day 2

Alrighty!

Today we tackled the infamous Ben Thanh Market... and were extremely discouraged by the inflated pricing and haphazard organisation of the place. It was also too hot man.. T.T But if you know my family, we don't know what it means to give up, SO WE WENT TO CHALLENGE IT AGAIN ON OUR LAST DAY. Read more about it in my later post! I'll be sharing very important tips to make your trip there much more worth while. Pictures will be in my day 4 post too.

We headed to Saigon Square for aircon, which was much appreciated.


We had a bit more luck at Saigon Square in terms of buying stuff, and we managed to bargain quite a bit since we knew some of the prices at Ben Thanh Market. With that said... some of the prices for the clothing there was ridiculously expensive. Like... a top and bottom for ladies would cost SGD 60?! Why?! Made in China some more leh! Aiyo nvm -_-




We left Saigon Square with a small bag of purchases, and chanced upon this Japanese BBQ place just next to Saigon Square. We decided to eat here since it was time for lunch. The prices of the meat was really reasonable and the meat itself was delicious!





Only problem was... horrible service. Unbelievably bad. Language problem also la. Ask for the bill, bill comes ages later. The wait for our change was so damn long that we gave up too. Why waste my previous time in Saigon for that small amount right? Though I honestly don't think that kind of lousy service deserves any tips -_-




This place is called URAETEI II
Address is 67-69-71 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, P.Ben Thanh, Q.1
We got here by just exiting Saigon Square, turning right and walking down the road called Nam Ky Khoi Nghia. 

By now, we were disappointed with the shopping and very tired. We decided to walk a little to a massage place called 137 recommended by my dad's colleague. To my horror.... the massages were all done in common rooms, shared by both men and women! O.O And that includes revealing your back if you want to do shoulder and back massage. Wah cannot like that la.

This massage place was toward the south of Saigon Square, along Ham Nghi Road.



So we headed back to our hotel and chanced upon a Trung Nguyen Coffee which we decided to try. Pity they got my order wrong and we had to wait for them to redo my order. Meh. Coffee here tastes really good though. I'm not sure why it tastes much better than the coffee we have here in Singapore :/ I tried the drip drip coffee :D







Anyway if it helps, the lower the number, the stronger the taste (and of course, more bitter too)



We headed back to Vincom Centre for dinner and decided to eat at Wrap and Roll.
That egg wrap thing. That was the best. Ever. OMG







We then decided to try out My Spa, located at 154C4 Thi Sach Street. We did a 60 minute foot massage and.... I must say it wasn't worth the money. If you have tried the foot massages at Thailand before, you'll be in for a big disappointment. This foot massage felt more like I was getting marinated for a BBQ. And there was the use of hot stones again which I didn't mind, but it was not comfortable either. Also, the ambiance of the place wasn't to my liking also. Too quiet, no back ground music... Hmm idk just didn't enjoy it much.

And it was too late and too dark so I didn't bother to take a picture of the place. You can easily find it on trip advisor.

And yup that is the end of our day 2. A really disappointing day to be honest :/