Friday, September 12, 2014

A quick blog against.... "changing the terms and conditions without prior notice"

We all know that when we get certain cards or certain promotions and benefits there is always this clause that allows the company to change the terms and conditions whenever they feel like it without prior notice?

I'm well aware that under the law they are allowed to
But companies who actually do it are IMMEDIATELY not gonna be patronised by me ANYMORE.

And to the Resorts World Sentosa Invites Card, this blog post is for you.

Thank you for telling me earlier this year that weekend all day parking is $5.
And then when my family's car exited the gantry a month ago, the parking amounted to $20.

Le mum called the hotline and asked is there an error and if not what are the new fees like.
She then proceeded to ask if there was an email to state the difference in parking prices that she had missed.

Well Mr who answered the phone, thank you for very proudly saying to my mum that "in the terms of agreement we have mentioned that we reserve the right to change it without prior notice to the customer". So sassy please. You think that clause protects you from everything?

Yes I may not be able to claim anything under the law. But I dare say there is certainly no business sense and customer service sense. Could we not have been informed beforehand? I would have appreciated that a lot more. Clearly they could have balanced their legal right and their desire for good customer service BUT NO LOOK AT HOW THE SERVICE HOTLINE PERSON REPLIED TO MY MOTHER IT WAS RUDE AS MUCH AS IT WAS RIGHT.

with that said...

CUSTOMER LOST.
If anything and everything also can change without notice, then I think what's next is that the vouchers I am supposed to have are also gonna turn up to be invalid. Whee. I've no intention to use the card anymore btw.

May this post serve as a warning for you guys intending to drive into RWS, even with that invites card. Beware of the parking coz this clause will be flashing in your face should you choose to question the change in fees.

With that said, there are other companies which I have boycott for a really long time because of their unfair change of terms and conditions without any prior notice to me, leaving all the points I've accumulated before to become invalid and wasted.

There's more I wish I could say, but sadly we consumers have so little bargaining power in these kind of standard form contracts. So how? Too bad lor.

All thoughts are mine, all rants are mine, all opinions are on my side as an aggrieved customer, who feels like the company just wants to do whatever it wants and then wave this clause at you should it need to. Pfft. I'm just another person boosting the economy right? Another person at the mercy of marketing tactics and such clauses? Haiz.